|Herm Fule Maio|
|Romaji||Herumu Fure Maio|
|Title(s)||Viscount (former), civilian|
|Affiliation||Zorzal, Rose Order of Knight (formerly)|
|Location|| Special Region|
|Voiced by||English Dub Blake Shepard|
Herm Fule Maio(ヘルム・フレ・マイオ Herumu Fure Maio) is the friend of Zorzal as well as a viscount of the Empire. Sentai on their English Dub spelled his name Helm. He is stripped of his Viscount title after the Civil War.
He also a former member and co-founder of the Rose Order of Knight.
In the past, Herm was much humble where he had often advised the young Norma Co Igloo to refrain from ignorantly performing any reckless actions during their time as part of the Rose-Order of Knights. This later changed after leaving the Rose-Order of Knights and becoming a viscount. He becomes more arrogant and haughty, along with showing no remorse as he took part in either slaughtering or enslaving innocent lives during the Battle of Ginza, though this may be more a display of different ideals between those from the Special Region and Japan. Herm seems to respect Zorzal and even holds him in high regard. He also seems to have no sense of compunction when making Piña his enemy.
While he was given humane conditions by Japan government, as compared to the standards of how the Special Area would usually treat prisoners of war, Herm is clearly ungrateful for the treatment. He even considers the treatment to be a disgrace to someone of his office since he was treated with the same respect as the demi-humans who were also part of the prisoners of war showing his racism, royalty haute nature and lack of common sense since he never being putted in the position of POW.
Despite how he is the relative of one of the families that are helping in the peace negotiations with Japan, Herm has no intentions of supporting his family’s goal in building peace as he sees the peace terms to be, from his point of view, unfavorable for the Empire. Instead, he and the rest of the returned prisoners choose to secretly collaborate with Zorzal in getting vengeance with the Japanese.
Like Zorzal, Herm is willing to use whatever unconscionable methods in order to gain victory over Japan like how he suggested to Zorzal in having the Empire's goblins in attacking the villages around Alnus, making it look like it was the work of criminals and bandits, along with having the Empire's soldiers attack local villages while having them disguised as JSDF soldiers in order to frame the JSDF and cause a casus belli that would be favorable for the Empire's pro-war faction. Furthermore, despite witnessing tremendous military power of the JSDF, he still greatly underestimates the military power and technology of the JSDF in which he and the rest of the pro-war generals and senators never try to learn and adapt advanced technology and firearms. Instead, they practice outdated scorch earth tactics or letting monster loosed around Alnus to make chaos around the JSDF ranks only to failed miserably and even backfired since all monsters they let loose around Alnus are destroyed effortlessly by tank and the majority of Empire's citizens turns against Zorzal's force. At the same time, it is also shown that he underestimates Demigod like Rory and Giselle; others powerful magical races that support the JSDF, all the mages of Rondel as well as the Rose Order of Knight, which proves disastrous to him in war effort since these factions put Zorzal's force into more and more disadvantages.
After Zorzal loses the Imperial Civil War, he finally sees the futility of fighting the JSDF and urge Zorzal to surrender only for him to be threatened to be killed by Zorzal like the rest of the pro-war senators and generals who wants to surrender to prevent more casualty. When Zorzal's death, he is spared by Pina but lose his privilege as Viscount in which he accepts without objection showing that he regrets starting the suicide war against the JSDF in the first place.
Herm is a young man with long blonde hair which is slicked back and thin eyebrows. He wears clothes befitting of a noble.
In the past, the 16 years old Herm had enrolled in Piña Co Lada's Rose-Order of Knights where he was being mentored by the 34 year old Grey Co Aldo. His main goal for doing so was to make connections with the royal family. At some point, he left the Rose-Order of Knights.
Herm was one of the 6,000 prisoners who were imprisoned by the JSDF during the Battle of Ginza. Later he, and 14 other people, were allowed to return to the Empire in order to please the families that are helping with the peace negotiations. However, after being greeted by Zorzal in a meeting, he later plots with Zorzal in getting vengeance on Japan.
Skills & Abilities
- Limited military strategist: despite conducting and inventing ways to fight the JSDF firearms, his strategies are highly shallow and lack of adaptability due to his lack of knowledge about modern weapon, technology and anti-guerrilla tactics of the JSDF. As the result, most of his tactics are only short-lived and failed miserly later on.
- Swordsmanship: Herm is trained in swordsmanship with Pina, however, he is no match against her since his main goal of creating and joining the Rose Order of Knight with Pina is merely for making connection with the royal family. As the result, he doesn't take his swordsmanship training seriously.
- He is against Goblins getting equal treatment as shown at right.
- He is the only renegade Rose Order of Knight member.
- Despite co-founding Rose Order of Knight, he greatly underestimates them due to the fact that he doesn't stay in the order for long period of time to know their superior strength over regular Imperial troop. It is also contributes to the fact that he is quite a sexist, which is common in the ancient time.
- A herm is a column with an erect phallus with or with out a head usually Jupiter or Hermes hence the name herm.